Fact Sheet - Bed Bugs
MedLine Plus, the National Library of Medicine's Free Consumer Health Website
Debra A. Jones - Registrar of Vital Statistics
732-257-1999 ext. 118
Responsible for registering all births, marriages, civil unions, domestic partnerships, and deaths in the Borough of South River.
The following information pertains to the vital statistics:
- Certified Copies of Births, Marriages, Civil Unions, Domestic Partnerships, and Deaths
- Applications for Marriages, Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships
- Modifications to all Vital Records
- Filing of All Vital Statistics
To obtain certified copies:
- You may mail your request. The mailing address is: Borough of South River, 48 Washington Street, South River, NJ 08882 - Attn. Debbie Jones.
- Or you can come into the office
with proper identification and payment, leave it at the window and it will be mailed back to you within 5 to 7 working days.
- We accept checks and money orders.
The following forms are available for printing:
The fee for all certified copies is $15.00. We do not suggest you send cash through the mail. We accept checks and money orders. The money order or check should be made out to the Borough of South River.
There are specific individuals who can receive a vital record:
The subject of legal age, the parents of the subject, a brother or sister or legal age with proof of the relationship such as their own birth certificate, the spouse, the child of legal age showing proof of the relationship, the grandchild of legal age showing proof of the relationship, the legal guardian or legal representative with proper court documentation.
For all certified copies proper id is required. A valid photo driver license showing your current address and signature. If a photo license is not available, two of the following must be provided, a non photo drivers license, a vehicle registration card, a vehicle insurance card, a county id, a passport, or a copy of a utility bill, showing your current address.
- For a certified copy of a birth certificate, the requestor must supply the date of birth, the full name of the person, the mother’s maiden name. The fathers full name, the requestors relationship to the person, number of copies needed, the requestors current address and their signature.
- For a certified copy of a marriage license, the request for must supply the date for marriage, the grooms full name. The bride’s maiden name, the requestor relationship to the couple, number of copies needed the requestor’s current address and their signature.
To obtain a marriage or civil union license you must apply in person, both parties. You can apply where either party resides. You must have valid id, 18 years of age, show social security numbers and have a witness 18 years of age present, or you can complete the application on the Sate of New Jersey’s web site www.state.nj.us/health. You must follow the instruction on the site, print the application, and bring it and the documentation necessary to process the license to the office. There is a three-day waiting period before the license can be issued MUST CALL AT LEAST 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE OF CEREMONY FOR APPOINTMENT.
For a certified copy of a domestic partnership, the requestor must supply the date of partnership, the full name of each partner, the requestor relationship to the couple, number of copies needed, the requestor’s current address and their signature.
Each partner in front of a notary must sign an affidavit of domestic partnership. The affidavit is presented to any local register to complete the certificate of domestic partnership. The requirements are each partner must be 18 years of age and the same sex or 62 Years of age and the opposite sex and are not related. Must have a common resident in NJ or other jurisdiction and one is a member of NJ-State Administered retirement system. Each must be responsible for each other’s common welfare and basic living expenses and neither partner has been in a domestic partnership that was terminated less than 180 days unless termination was due to death of a previous partner.
For a certified copy of a death certificate, the requestor must supply the date of death, name of deceased, deceased father’s full name, Deceased’s mothers maiden name, the requestor’s relationship to the person, number of copies needed, the requestors current address and their signature.
If you are mailing your request please include your phone number in case we have a need to reach you. You must also include a photocopy of your valid id showing your current address and signature. If the address on your id is not current please provide a photocopy of a utility bill showing the correct address.
If you have any other questions please call 732-257-1999 ext. 118. Thank you and have a nice day.