Summer Rec is back! This year's program will run 5 weeks, from July 10 - August 11th, held Monday through Friday at the South River Middle School gym. We've been listening to your feedback and this year's program aims to improve on several areas with new offerings.
Like every year, we will offer a free summer recreation program running from 9 a.m. through noon each day. We're now calling this our "Morning Program" which will remain as is. But new for 2017, we're launching an "Extended Day Program", that will extend participants day until 6:30 p.m. each day. We've decided to partner with the Raritan Valley YMCA to come up with a unique and attractive solution for those parents seeking summer programs for their children that span the entire work day. We believe the extended day program will be a very attractive program for families within the borough and look forward to developing more ways to provide fun recreation offerings to families in South River.
How does it work? We're aiming to make sign up as easy as possible. Here's what you need to do in 5 easy steps:
- Decide whether you want to enroll your child(ren) in the morning program, or in the extended day program.
- Once decided, download the form.
- If registering for the morning program, you only need to fill out the "Morning Program Registration" and return it to the Department of Parks & Recreation along with a copy of a report card from the 2016/2017 school year. Please fill out one form per child.
- If registering for the Extended Day Program, fill out both the "Morning Program Registration" and the "Extended Day Registration" and return it to the Department of Parks & Recreation. Include a copy of a report card from the 2016/2017 school year and a check, made payable to "Raritan Valley YMCA" for the appropriate deposit amount as determined by the form.
- We will do the rest. You will receive a receipt confirming registration in the program.
- There are no more steps.
Do you wish to learn more about the offerings of the Extended Day Program? The YMCA has put together an informational packet to answer many of your questions.